Following successful completion of the 2016 Hartley Library Level 3 refurbishment, we are starting the Hartley Library Phase 2 refurbishment on 12 June 2017. This project will enhance and improve areas on Levels 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Hartley.
This summer we will:
- Provide new quiet study spaces in two areas of Level 1 – the area to the right of the main staircase and around to the far right-hand corner will be refurbished. In the far left-hand corner, walls will be removed to create a new, concentrated study area with 40+ spaces. Power will be supplied to desktops throughout
- Refurbish the Assistive Technology Service room on Level 2 – this room will be redecorated and completely refurnished
- Introduce the popular blue study booths to Level 4 – the area at the top of the main staircase will be completely refurbished including 100+ study spaces, with power to the desk tops
- Create and improve bookable Group Study Rooms on Levels 4 and 5 – a new group study room is being created on Level 4 and there will be a refurbished quiet study and group area on Level 5 (south)
- Refurbish Training Rooms 4075 and 4077 as more flexible, higher specification teaching & learning spaces
In addition, the smaller of the two lifts in the Hartley Library is being completely refurbished to ensure compliance with lift regulations.
Look out for signs in the Library guiding you along new routes for access to stock and study spaces. The areas most affected will be Levels 1 and 4. There will be no main staircase access to these levels. You will be directed to the rear staircase on Level 3 and down to Level 1 or up for Level 4, or you can use the lift.
Library staff will advise you on the quietest areas. If you are a wheelchair user, please email us in advance of your visit (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm access routes.
We apologise for noise and disruption during these works which will improve and extend the study and learning spaces in the Hartley Library.