The Library & Learning Commons is the new, integrated library and learning space at the University’s Avenue Campus.
The new service provides:
- Same site Holds: recall on-loan books and transfer books from other Library sites to the Library & Learning Commons, Avenue Campus;
- Self-service issue and returns, with the option to return books borrowed from the Hartley Library;
- Collection and return point for inter-library loan items;
- Library staff roaming support;
- More seating with greater choice for individual study preferences;
- Help & Information Desk.
Study space provided by the Library & Learning Commons is available, 7 days a week, 08:00-23:00 (same hours as Building 65 opening times).
Staffed hours and access to resources:
- Monday-Friday – 08:30-19:30
- Saturday & Sunday – 10:00-17:00
The Library & Learning Commons is just a part of the University Library service. Many more materials for Humanities’ students and staff, as well as a wider variety of study spaces are available just a short walk away: in the Hartley Library.
Additional study space – coming your way soon!
Phase 2 of this Project, due for completion in mid-November 2015, will provide:
- Additional quiet study space, and
- Bookable group study rooms (with Skype);
Library & Learning Commons
Help and Information Desk: ext. 25410