From Monday 21st September, the new Library & Learning Commons at the Avenue Campus is open. The transfer of all resources (Course Collection, Film Collection & Language Learning Resources) from the Avenue Library has now been completed and Library staff are based in the new area.
Staffed hours and access to resources:
- Monday-Friday 08:30-19:30
- Saturday & Sunday – 10:00-17:00
Study space provided by the Library & Learning Commons is available to you 7 days a week, 08:00-23:00.
The new service provides:
- Same site Holds: recall on-loan books and transfer books from other Library sites to the Library & Learning Commons.
- Improved Loans facilities: new self-service machines with the option to return books borrowed from the Hartley Library.
- New Library staff roaming support
- Increased and greater variety of seating to suit individual study preferences.
- Space for advisory consultation with staff.
- Bookable group study rooms (with Skype)
- New Help & Information Desk
The Avenue Library is now closed and in preparation for Phase 2 of the project. Phase 2 will be the redevelopment of this area, planned completion is mid-November 2015, and will include additional quiet study space, interactive digital facilities and more group study rooms.
Be aware that the Library & Learning Commons is only one part of the University Library service, many more materials for Humanities programmes and a wider variety of study space is available to you just a short walk away in the Hartley Library.
Please give us feedback over the coming weeks as the new service beds in. Key contact details:
Help and Information Desk: x25410
Library & Learning Commons email: firstname.lastname@example.org